Monday, August 6, 2007

Pick your children up off the floor

If children cannot sit in the designated child seat on the buggy or stand quietly while you conduct business, leave them at home.

Flame me or not, but you need to control your child. I think there should be intelligence tests before child-bearing, but that's just me.

Do not allow your howler monkey to lie on the floor of a discount store. It will catch something nasty. I believe in Darwinism, but seriously, do you know how many stanky feet have been on that?

Your crippled parenting skills should not be put on display for everyone in a 50 decibel radius to hear. And ignoring the child while it throws a temper tantrum does not work when in public. It already has attention. It knows everyone is looking at it.

Look - that kid could shout down the walls of Jericho - you might want to see why he's lying on his stomach, pounding the floor and screaming MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY. Everyone else within earshot is certainly wondering what the hell is going on. But you don't notice that while you're yakking away on your phone, even though you keep making "shush" noises at a three-year-old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!

You are amazing and I totally agree with all of your points. I hate entitled parents with their spoiled little brats. STERILIZE THEM ALL!

Julie said...

I have worked at Wal~Mart for a little over a year now, formerly cashier and now Dept. #5. I so agree with you about little demon spawn screaming. The other day some kid didn't want to sit in his buggy and was writhing and trying to climb out and screaming. When I say screaming I mean screaming at the top of his lungs and everyone was just cringing especially the associates the mom pushed her buggy by because they got the direct scream hit. I don't think parents should be hitting their kids but take the kid out of the store until he calms down. Simply letting him scream helps no one. Ugghh!